Free shipping on all orders.
MakingCosmetics – Colloidal Oatmeal – 4.4oz / 125g
Buy with Bitcoin or Credit card
- Colloidal oatmeal (Avena Sativa kernel flour) is the powder resulting from the grinding and further processing of whole oat grains
- Pure & concentrated ingredient. Not a finished cosmetic product. Use as raw material for making cosmetics or add directly to finished skin care products.
- High-quality product from the USA
Description: Colloidal oatmeal (Avena Sativa kernel flour) is the powder resulting from the grinding and further processing of whole oat grains. Finely ground, particle size 44 micrometer. Not tested for gluten-content (may contain gluten residues). Fine light tan powder. Soluble in water.
INCI Name: Avena Sativa (Oat) kernel flour
– USF/NF grade
– Contains a variety of active ingredients including beta-glucans (responsible for water-holding functions), phenols, starch, savenacins, saponins, flavanoids, and also vitamin E
– Soothes stressed, blemished and irritated skin
Helps to relieve dry and itchy skin
– Can be added to warm bath water a home remedy for itchy or dry skin (sprinkle about 1 cup of oatmeal to a full bath tub). The oats do not sink due to the colloid action of the particles of grain dispersing through the water.
Use: Sprinkle into cold or hot water and mix well. Typical use level 5-30%. For external use only.
Applications: Creams, lotions, bath treatments, shower gels, shampoos, pet care products, protective creams.
Country of Origin: USA
Raw material source: Oat grains
Manufacture: Oat grains are cleaned and de-hulled to yield the groats which then are cut to reduce their size. The groats are steam heat treated for stabilization and to reduce free fatty acids, destroy bacteria and prepare the groat for rolling, flake integrity and proper water holding. The oats are then flattened and pulverized to the desired particle size resulting in colloidal oatmeal.
Animal Testing: Not animal tested
GMO: GMO free but not certified
Vegan: Does not contain animal-derived components