MakingCosmetics, Colloidal Oatmeal, 4.4oz
- Colloidal oatmeal (Avena Sativa kernel flour) is the powder resulting from the grinding and further processing of whole oat grains
- Pure & concentrated ingredient. Not a finished cosmetic product. Use as raw material for making cosmetics or add directly to finished skin care products.
- High-quality product from the USA
Description: Colloidal oatmeal (Avena Sativa kernel flour) is the powder resulting from the grinding and further processing of whole oat grains. Finely ground, particle size 44 micrometer. Not tested for gluten-content (may contain gluten residues). Fine light tan powder. Soluble in water.
INCI Name: Avena Sativa (Oat) kernel flour
– USF/NF grade
– Contains a variety of active ingredients including beta-glucans (responsible for water-holding functions), phenols, starch, savenacins, saponins, flavanoids, and also vitamin E
– Soothes stressed, blemished and irritated skin
Helps to relieve dry and itchy skin
– Can be added to warm bath water a home remedy for itchy or dry skin (sprinkle about 1 cup of oatmeal to a full bath tub). The oats do not sink due to the colloid action of the particles of grain dispersing through the water.
Country of Origin: USA